There are so many things to flavor up chicken wings with. Indian spices and seasonings will make a good candidate if you want to go the other way of the classic buffalo.
These Tandoori Chicken Wings, for one, features a unique blend of bold flavors, which will give your dinner a different treatment, from the taste to the aroma.
It’s a certified crowd-pleaser, especially when served with suitable sauces, just like the tangy blue cheese dressing or some spiced yogurt.
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, separated and pat dried
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- Using a traditional mortar and pestle, make a paste from the combination of ginger, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of water. If you don’t have mortar and pestle at home, you can always use a food processor.
- Transfer the paste to a large bowl and add yogurt, garam masala, fenugreek leaves, lemon juice, turmeric powder, chili powder, and salt. Mix to blend.
- Add chicken wings and toss, making sure the meats are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with a sheet of cling wrap and set aside in the fridge to chill for an hour or so.
- When the chicken wings are almost ready, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a wire rack on top of a baking tray and arrange the chicken wings on top of the rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes or more until cooked through.
- Place chicken wings in a serving platter, garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 1419mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g