Disclosure: Our editors independently review and test the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We receive a small commission from purchases made via some links on this website. We do not accept free products from manufacturers, and we never allow ourselves to be influenced by how much money we could make off a certain product.
Finding the top-rated beer fridge can be tricky without doing your homework.
If you think about it, you can put a few beers and sodas in a regular fridge as well, so why would you invest in a specialized one?
Well, it’s all about convenience.
Beer refrigerators represent an essential component of domestic places, as well as commercial facilities.
They come with a plus of convenience in your lifestyle, as you’ll always have a chilled drink at hand (source).
When it comes to residential uses, they are sleek and stylish, so they come with aesthetic value too.
Beer fridges are ideal for those who like a cold drink every once in a while, as well as those who like to have friends over on a regular basis.
Having a specialized unit in your house allows you to store more drinks (source) without worrying about the available space in your main refrigerator.
Moreover, these fridges are small and compact.
While most people keep them in their kitchens, they’re just as handy in the living room or the patio.G
iven their compact size, they can be moved around, so you can also move yours on the patio when you have a few friends over for a barbecue.
7 Best Beer Fridge & Mini Fridge for Beer Bottles Reviews 2023
The hOmeLabs beverage refrigerator and cooler is an elegant fridge with a 3.2 cubic feet capacity.
It has a steel frame with a see-through glass door.
The inside of the refrigerator is illuminated with blue light which makes it easy for you to choose your favorite drink.
The refrigerator has the room to store 120 cans of beer or soda, or 60 standard bottles of wine.
It also has advanced temperature controls where a person would be able to manipulate the temperature between 33°F to 50°F with an easy touch just above the fridge door.
It also has an option to change the temperature unit from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
It is also equipped with an additional temperature monitor to automatically defrost the fridge when it reaches a certain temperature.
The hOmeLabs beverage refrigerator and cooler is a heavy-duty piece of equipment which has an energy rating of 240W-120V.
Despite that, it is extremely quiet because of the whisper quiet compressor which makes it very suitable for offices, dormitories, restaurants, etc.
It also has an Energy Star rating which makes it highly energy efficient too.
In essence, the hOmeLabs beverage refrigerator and cooler have all the qualities that make it a desirable cabinet to keep your favorite beverages cool.
Read the full review of 120 Can hOmeLabs Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler.
- The product is a versatile piece of unit where you can have the option to store quite a significant number of cans or bottles.
- Energy Rating means that you have an energy-efficient fridge and that you save money as well.
- Easy to manipulate the temperature with a simple touch makes the product extremely useful for storing certain beverages at a desirable temperature.
- The auto-defrost function is also an excellent feature where a person need not worry about manually performing the action.
- There is no auto-light feature.
- There is a odd rack space at the very top, which results in waste space.
This beverage refrigerator and cooler from Colzer is a stylish piece of product to keep your favorite drinks cool.
It has a sliver frame with a see-through double tempered glass and it is filled with argon gas in-between the glass for maximum insulation.
The soft-lighting inside the fridge makes it even easier for users to see the drinks inside.
It has a 2.9 cubic feet capacity and it can allow the storage of at least 90 cans that are 12 oz each.
There are five compartments but the racks can be removed to make room for bottles or bigger cans.
The refrigerator has flexible temperature settings between 40°F to 64°F which can be adjusted with a simple turn of the thermostat knob.
It is a compact piece of equipment which is suitable enough to store in rooms, dorm rooms, RV’s, or practically anywhere. It is a powerful piece of equipment but with its quiet compressor, the fridge does not bother users with its noise.
- It has a stable temperature which does not fluctuate as long as the user does not change it.
- It provides a large room to store a suitable number of cans but it can also be used to store bottles as well by removing the racks.
- The double-tempered glass provides extra insulation to keep the drinks in a desirable temperature.
- It is a sleek piece of equipment which is portable enough to move it from one place to another.
- There is no built-in air vent which is responsible for making the air circulate at the bottom for optimal motor function.
- There is no auto-defrost mode, so users will have to task themselves to defrost the fridge on their own at regular intervals.
We always recommend being ready when friends and relatives drop by.
With up to 93.5 liters (3.3 cubic feet) of storage, Danby’s unit can easily qualify as the #1 beer fridge out there.
Based on the size of the can, it can hold up to 120 units – ideal for both parties and small gatherings.
This fridge is not just about efficiency, but also about design.
The stainless steel accents keep drinks at the right temperature and add to the appearance.
The same goes for door activated interior light.
The temperature can be set between 43 and 57 degrees Fahrenheit (6-14 degrees Celsius).
If you have kids, it’s wiser to keep the fridge locked. It has an integrated lock against children and cheeky roommates.
As for temperature maintenance, we find the mechanical thermostat quite handy – it will take care of it. It’s ideal to set the right temperature and forget about it.
As for small features, Danby’s flagship has a reversible door hinge. It’s adjustable to make the fridge suitable to both left and right handed users.
With such features in mind, we believe it’s hard to beat the value for money.
Read the full review of Danby 120 Can Beverage Center.
- The adjustable temperature is suitable for pretty much any type of beverage.
- LED lights are durable and likely to last for decades.
- The lock is ideal for families with kids or roommates.
- It comes with three wire adjustable shelves for more convenience.
- It takes some time to organize shelves and drinks.
- It feels heavy, so moving it is a two person job.
NewAir’s fridge comes with five removable racks and plenty of customization.
It might take a while to find the perfect arrangement for efficiency and display, but it’s totally worth it.
Most importantly, we were impressed by the bottom storage bin for larger items, such as cartons or wine bottles.
In terms of efficiency, this unit can chill down to 34 degrees Fahrenheit – about 1 degree Celsius.
It got its own thermostat, so you can set the desired temperature and let it run. There are not less than seven settings in the thermostat. We believe you’ll only use a few of them anyway.
Unlike other refrigerators in this segment, this model is built with a user friendly operation in mind.
It won’t bother you even if it’s in your bedroom – just 35 decibels. As for its design, it’s all black with stainless steel accents. It can complement any kind of décor.
Small features are not to be overlooked either – especially the lock at the bottom. It’s ideal for families with kids or people living in shared flats.
As for the overall capacity, the fridge can hold up to 126 regular size cans – 3.4 cubic feet.
Read the full review of NewAir AB-1200 126-Can Beverage Cooler.
- Adjustable racks allow you to play around until you find the most efficient organization.
- The lock is excellent for protection against curious children or roommates.
- The storage bin is large and can accommodate large bottles.
- Its sleek construction can match any home style.
- The manual is not detailed enough, but using the fridge is straightforward and intuitive.
- Organizing racks and playing around with cans will make you feel like a guinea pig for a few hours.
Measuring 18.5x17x33 inches, Whynter’s top-rated beer fridge is a bit larger than other units in this segment.
The freestanding unit is slightly taller, yet the capacity is similar.
Simply put, it can take up to 120 standard cans.
It took us a while to find the perfect customization in order to host so many drinks though.
Temperature control is mechanical.
It has its own thermostat and can go between 30 and mid 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
All shelves can be taken out in case you need more space for large bottles or cartons.
There are five shelves and six compartments. Given its freestanding design, it obviously needs some clearance.
The LED lights on the inside can be switched on and off. Also, the cold air circulation is enhanced with a modern technology to ensure an even distribution.
As for design, we liked the black appearance and stainless steel trim – elegant and futuristic combination.
Read the full review of Whynter BR-130SB Beverage Refrigerator.
- Its five shelves allow a deep customization based on your favorite drinks.
- It’s lighter than other fridges in this segment, so it’s easier to move around.
- Cold air is evenly distributed throughout the fridge.
- LED lights can be switched on or off if they seem too bright and disturbing.
- It doesn’t have a lock, so curious kids or roommates might become a problem sometimes.
- Requires proper clearance and air circulation around it, so it’s not suitable under counters.
With an internal capacity measuring 8.5×5.8×5.4 inches and not more than 4 liters, Magnasonic has created the great beer fridge for outdoor activities – picnics, road trips or just days out.
Not only you can use it indoors, but you can also connect it to the car and have it running on the backseat.
The fridge can both cool and warm.
It can warm up to 131 degrees Fahrenheit and cool to 36 degrees lower than the surrounding temperature.
In terms of capacity, it’s not suitable for parties or large groups of friends, but mostly couples – it can easily store 6 regular size cans.
As for small features, we liked the thermoelectric technology, which is freon free and can both cool down and warm up.
It’s certainly a plus in fridges. The carrying handle is just as handy for portability, while the shelf can be removed to make space for tall bottles or cartons.
- It’s portable and suitable for days out.
- It can both cool down and warm up for more convenience.
- It’s lightweight and easy to move around due to the built-in handle.
- It’s fully insulated and can maintain the temperature for long periods of time even without power.
- Despite the portable profile, it can’t take too many drinks – up to 6 cans.
- The lowest temperature is based on the external temperature, so there are no settings to do it manually.
With just 2.2 cubic foot in capacity, NewAir’s beer fridge is slightly smaller than other similar models in this segment.
It can take up to 84 cans, yet it took us a while to find out how to organize it for maximum efficiency.
It’s available in larger sizes as well, yet the price is directly proportional with the capacity.
The machine can cool down to 34 degrees Fahrenheit.
It’s lightweight – just under 50 pounds, so you can always take it on your patio or porch if you host a barbecue or a party.
Just like you’ve probably guessed already, the temperature is adjustable. The inside organization is tricky.
There are five chrome racks that can be removed to accommodate cans and bottles of different sizes.
As for its style, we liked the stylish black appearance, as well as the stainless steel accents. They can go with any type of home style.
Read the full review of NewAir AB-850 84-Can Beverage Cooler.
- It has a door lock to keep beverages safe and out of the wrong hands.
- It ensures a customizable organization due to the removable racks.
- It’s one of the coldest beer fridges on the market, yet other units can also match its lowest temperature.
- The internal LED lights emit less heat than traditional lights.
- It’s a rear venting unit, so it must stand freely and not under a counter.
- It takes a while to organize everything like you want.
Features to Look For when Buying Beer Fridge and Mini Fridge for Beer
Choosing the optimal fridge is daunting with so many options out there. We’ve already done the work for you. Find out what features to look for before spending your money:
The size is by far the most important consideration. Find a location for your fridge and figure how much available space you have. Measure it and keep an eye on manufacturers’ specifications.
Keep in mind that freestanding fridges will require a few extra inches of clearance on the sides, as well as the top. They need up to 5 inches on the back. If you opt for a built-in unit, the width of the available cabinet is usually enough.
The beer fridge must be large enough to handle your personal necessities (source). How many people do you normally serve on a daily basis? How many drinks do you and your partner have everyday?
Once you have the answer, choose an appliance that can meet your requirements. The last thing you want is running out of cold drinks when you have some friends over. Besides, you don’t want to keep refilling the fridge every half an hour as it empties.
Extra features are usually about convenience and efficiency. If your budget is generous, you should look at mini beer fridges with dual temperatures, as well as temperature control, digital displays and even safety locks. Some models may even feature defrosting capabilities.
Adjustable shelves represent yet another important consideration, not to mention LED lights and replaceable gaskets. Some fridges have solid doors, yet most manufacturers count on the display too, so their doors are transparent. Double and triple glazed doors are available too for more efficiency.
It’s Time for the Perfect Ice-Cold Beer
Bottom line, buying a beer fridge is certainly a good idea for a study room, a bedroom, a home bar or even a “man cave”. If you like hosting parties and welcoming friends all the time, chances are you’ll need a specialized unit.
However, finding the right beer fridge is challenging. As you can see, there are multiple types of beer fridges with specific features, despite the common main capabilities. We strongly believe that making a good decision starts with identifying your main requirements.
We have put together some of the right beer fridges on the market, so it’s up to you to choose. Based on durability and features, we find hOmeLabs Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler – 120 Can Mini Fridge to be the most complete one. It has just the right features to match most people’s needs, without any bells and whistles.