Our family loves seafood, so I’ve tried many fish cake recipes. I came up with this combination and it’s been a hit at our house. It’s outstanding served with corn bread.
- 1 lb flaked cooked whitefish, cod or haddock
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 to 4 tbsps water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tsps ground mustard
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well.
- Shape into 12 patties, adding additional water if needed; coat with the Italian bread crumbs. In a large skillet, cook the patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with tartar sauce and lemon if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1326mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 45g