Buffalo Wings have been a pub favorite since time immemorial.
The moment it dawned on Teressa Bellissimo – of a family restaurant in Buffalo, New York called The Anchor Bar – to coat fried chicken wings in a special sauce and serve with a blue cheese dip and freshly chopped celery and carrot sticks, finger food fanatics never looked back.
The crispiness of this choice chicken cut worked well with the caramelized sauce, and that’s exactly what made it a worldwide phenomenon that’s still on up until today!
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- ½ cup celery, sliced into 1-inch sticks
- ½ cup carrots, sliced into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Toss chicken wings with oil, plus garlic powder, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Transfer onto prepared rack and bake for about 50 minutes or until nicely golden, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, stir together honey and hot sauce in a saucepan and simmer over medium fire.
- Add butter and melt, continue to simmer for another 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn the broiler on and switch it on low.
- When the chicken wings are cooked, toss them with the prepared sauce until evenly coated.
- Place back the chicken wings to the rack and let it broil for 3 minutes.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks, plus ranch dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1208Total Fat: 100gSaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 61gCholesterol: 232mgSodium: 1996mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 40g