Disclosure: Our editors independently review and test the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We receive a small commission from purchases made via some links on this website. We do not accept free products from manufacturers, and we never allow ourselves to be influenced by how much money we could make off a certain product.
The wok is probably one of the most versatile and essential cooking utensils that China has introduced to the whole world.
It is a cooking pot with a round bottom and a handle. The wok can be used to make anything starting from stir-frying, pan-frying, deep-frying to making soups and boiling stuff.
There is just one catch while buying a wok; you need to keep in mind the type of stove that you have with you. Electric furnaces have become popular nowadays, and if you have one, then you should buy a wok compatible with it.
In this article, we will provide you with a detailed review of 5 of the best woks and carbon steel wok for an electric stove or portable electric stove.
We will give you an overview of the features and tell you what you should look for. Keep on reading to know more.
5 Best Wok For Electric Stove Reviews 2024
The first entry on our list is a big 12.5-inch flat bottom wok.
This wok is compatible with an electric stove, a gas stove, and many other sources of heat.
It makes it a highly versatile wok. It is made totally out of carbon steel, which is a robust and lightweight material and one of the best alternatives to cast iron.
The wok has a wooden handle; this makes it easy to handle and cook in. The wok also comes with a wooden lid and a spatula.
- Being a carbon steel wok, it is light and highly maneuverable.
- The wooden handle increases the wok’s safety.
- Added accessories for better usability.
- Large cooking space.
- You need to add the seasoning layer after a few uses.
- The handle becomes a little loose at the joint over time.
This shiny Stainless steel 14-inch wok is huge.
It has a mirror finish surface with a professional design; it’ll make you feel like a professional chef.
The wok also has measurement markings on the inside to let you keep track of the quantity of liquid in your food.
It is coupled with the glass lid, makes way for precision cooking.
The stainless steel construction also makes it a sturdy wok that can handle the test of time.
The wok is entirely dishwasher safe to save you from the sorrow of cleaning dishes.
- Stainless Steel construction provides the wok with increased strength.
- High-quality professional design.
- The coupled glass lid helps cook food faster while keeping a check.
- Large size makes it easy to cook in.
- Stainless steel makes the wok a bit heavy; it becomes hard to handle after long periods of cooking.
- The stainless steel handle might get hot after prolonged usage.
This cast iron wok is of 14-inch diameter and is capable of retaining more heat.
The wok is perfect for cooking or frying in small quantities. The bottom of the wok is flat and can be used on inductions as well.
The wok is seasoned with 100% vegetable oil without using any chemicals.
The seasoning gets better the more you cook on this wok. Cast iron is known mostly for its durability and versatility in cooking, and the brand Lodge adds quality and premiere designs to it.
Cooking in this wok tastes much better, and every meal cooked is a trip to down memory lane.
- The high-quality cast iron used is sturdy and durable.
- No chemicals have been used. Vegetable oils are used to do the seasoning.
- The flat bottomed wok can be used on gas stoves and inductions.
- It can retain more heat.
- The wok is a bit heavy
- The base of the wok is a bit small
This is a flat bottomed wok and is made of heavy gauge carbon steel.
The handle is quite comfortable and offers a good grip. The additional handle allows smooth portability.
The handle of the wok has a loop that helps you to hang the wok providing free space.
It is easy to wash and maintain. It has a 14-inch diameter with a flat bottom, which is a perfect fit for gas ovens or inductions. The metal used is carbon steel.
- The use of heavy gauge carbon steel makes it durable.
- It has an additional handle.
- A loop is attached to the handle to hang the wok that saves space.
- The metal used is easy to wash and maintain.
- The dishwasher is not a good option to clean it.
- When you are not using the wok, you need to apply a coat of oil the inner layer to prevent rust.
The wok pan has handles on both sides that allow easy portability.
It is flat bottomed and hence can be used on inductions and gas ovens.
For better cooking experience, it has silicon lid that seals the vapor and heat, and this quality gives your food a perfect texture.
The inner surface is nonstick and is easy to clean. The metal used is cast iron.
The wok pan gets heated evenly and can retain the heat for long. It helps you cook all recipes perfectly.
- The wok pan has handles on both sides, which makes it comfortable to hold and makes it highly maneuverable as well.
- It comes with a silicon lid and a free recipe E-book as accessories.
- The cast iron wok pan is strong and durable.
- The nonstick pan is easy to clean and maintain because it is fairly easy to season.
- The wok is hard to season and needs a hard spatula to even the surface out.
- The seasoning of the wok wears off fairly quickly and therefore needs to be seasoned after short successions.
To sum up, Wok by Souped Up Recipes is the best for electric stove. It has a wide base and high walls, which are perfect for cooking on an electric hot plate or induction cooktop.
The wok can be seasoned with oil to prevent foods from sticking too much to it. Not only does it have a non-stick surface, but also has great heat distribution and durability to withstand frying oil at high temperature.
Furthermore, the flat bottom helps keep the wok steady on the flat electric stove surface. The added wooden lid and spatula helps save you some money as well.