Work up your oven a little bit more and prepare another sauce coated chicken wings.
This time, we are making a kid-friendly variation, which is slightly sweet but still savory.
That bit of sweetness, when combined with the flavors of garlic, can explode into your mouth the moment you take a bite.
Excited? You should be!
One important tip before we start: pat dry your chicken wings and just sprinkle with flour before popping into a very hot oven.
That’s the secret to a significantly crispy outcome!
1 hour 2 minutes
45 pcs chicken wings, separated
4 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup honey
1 tbsp ginger, finely diced
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup water
1 tsp cornstarch
¼ cup flour
½ tsp chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish lined with aluminum foil, plus parchment paper on top.
- Toss chicken wings with flour and some salt and pepper, shaking off excess flour before placing onto the prepared pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 35 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, stir together honey, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chili flakes, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan and simmer on medium-low for about 10 minutes.
- Toss prepared sauce with chicken wings and place back into the oven.
- Let it bake for another 10 minutes, tossing halfway to brown and caramelize evenly.
- Serve and enjoy.
Sharing is caring!