Work up your oven a little bit more and prepare another sauce coated chicken wings.
This time, we are making a kid-friendly variation, which is slightly sweet but still savory.
That bit of sweetness, when combined with the flavors of garlic, can explode into your mouth the moment you take a bite.
Excited? You should be!
One important tip before we start: pat dry your chicken wings and just sprinkle with flour before popping into a very hot oven.
That’s the secret to a significantly crispy outcome!
- 45 pcs chicken wings, separated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely diced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish lined with aluminum foil, plus parchment paper on top.
- Toss chicken wings with flour and some salt and pepper, shaking off excess flour before placing onto the prepared pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 35 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, stir together honey, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chili flakes, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan and simmer on medium-low for about 10 minutes.
- Toss prepared sauce with chicken wings and place back into the oven.
- Let it bake for another 10 minutes, tossing halfway to brown and caramelize evenly.
- Serve and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 714mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 18g